Friday 26 August 2011

Callouts!

Today has been one of those days where everything is going wrong! I have one class on a Friday (i used to have one on Friday afternoon aswell but the lecturer said that none of us would show up at 4.30pm on a Friday so now we have to do "online activities" instead haha.) Anyway, i planned to get my money out (thank you for paying me Charleston, it's very MUCH appreciated!) buy my text books and my ticket for the trip to Lake Michigan on Sunday. 

Firstly, i couldn't get money out because Halifax had frozen my account due to suspicious activity (i told them i was going to America!) After a handy Skype phone call with Geo (who rang the bank) i was able to get money out. So, i went straight over to the box office to get my ticket to Lake Michigan but they SOLD OUT an hour before i got there :( Then i walked over to the book shop and two of the textbooks i need were sold out too. It is very annoying because i am going to fall behind with my reading.


Yesterday was Callouts which is basically where they recruit you for clubs/frats/sororities. Every other stall was for a church club haha (side note: i just want to say i always feel so awkward when i say 'oh my god' in front of people in case they are religious - i know some Americans can find it offensive). So i think i'm going to join a few clubs, or at least go to the callouts (taster session). One person gave me a leaflet to join a fraternity so i should probably feel really offended because fraternities are for boys HAHA...awkward.

All of the stalls
There were loads of stalls everywhere
Most hilariously was a QUIDDITCH stall. I thought it was a joke so i was kind of laughing about it but the girl was so serious and told me that they play against other schools and everything. There were pictures of them running round with brooms between their legs. Too funny! I'm tempted to go just so i can say i've played Quidditch.

Quidditch Propoganda
It's been really hot here, i think the day before yesterday was 35-36 degrees aka melting weather. I have to say i'm slowly getting used to the heat though (still hate the humidity!) and i'm actually in the process of trying to get a tan which is going quite well so far. This is a pic of me when i first arrived and then the other one was taken yesterday.

There is a difference, i promise i don't look like a ghost anymore! Also, just an FYI that in most pictures i will be wearing a Purdue t-shirt just because it's the coolest thing to wear on such hot days and everyone wears them.
It is usually too hot to sit directly in the sun so a lot of the time everyone just sits in the shade.
Campus
Blue skies outside my window
Although, two nights ago there was a huge thunderstorm. I've never seen anything like it, i went off to have a shower and it was sunny outside with a bright blue sky. When i came back into the bedroom it was really dark outside and pouring down with rain. There was really loud thunder and huge bolts of lightening. 


This is a video of the thunderstorm i made on my iphone and for some reason it's flipped onto it's side (plus you can barely see the rain haha)

In the basement there is a gym which we can use for free, so yesterday i bought some sneakers and went at 6am this morning before class. I also bought a ton of healthy food, they have these amazing vegetable snack trays!

Carrots, green bean type things, tomatoes, pepper, celery and brocolli

My healthy shelf! Heather cracked up because i call it - the shelf of good choices!
Also, Heather's fridge finally arrived today and it's a BEAST haha. I am also planning to save really well and go and visit Ella in New York in December before i fly home. Hopefully that works out!

The beast

xxx

7 comments:

Stephie said...

Why did you not join quidditch?! Lol would have been amazing to be like 'Yeah I was part of quidditch team' :p xx

Cat said...

Hahaha well the callout is on the 31st, i will deffo have to make an effort to see what goes down on a quidditch pitch! X

Nats said...

OH MY GOD QUIDDITCH SOUNDS INCREDIBLE. I am not a sporty person at all but I would go cause quidditch pwns.

'(side note: i just want to say i always feel so awkward when i say 'oh my god' in front of people in case they are religious - i know some Americans can find it offensive)'

This! I've felt awkward saying it this last year and always wonder 'I'm not offending someone am I?'


(P.s. if you are wondering who this new random person is, i will introduce myself. I'm Naty, Dani's sister and she told me about your blog and it sounded really cool so I followed :) ) xx

Cat said...

Haha, hey thanks for reading! I can tell you're Dani's sister, you look so alike! X

Kyri said...

Quidditch? Glorious.

Join a fraternity, they make you streak and end endless punch and pie.


Punch and pie.

BTW, there was this new group of fitties on X Factor and me and Shito decided which one is yours. Here's a clue - the shit one.

xxx

Suzanne said...

Please join Quidditch! Or zeta beta zeta for the sake of our wonderful show Greek (change your name to Cappie)
xxx

Fitty said...

Just realised I'm gonna be in New York in December too you bitch! Don't you wanna see my fit hair?

Post a Comment