Wednesday 7 September 2011

Clubs

Once you have read this post you will think i'm a bigger geek than before! I joined two clubs today and then off to join the Psychology one tomorrow with Heather. 

Today i said to myself, i'm going to take one for the team and see what Quidditch is all about. I checked on youtube before i left to see what kind of thing i should expect. BIG MISTAKE. It was as ridiculous as i thought it would be. I wandered over there anyway and when i got outside the room i was too humiliated to go in haha. But it was the best thing i ever did because as i was walking out i saw a flyer for Zoo Society. It was starting in a couple of minutes so i thought i might as well go. It was so much fun, i met more friends in that one hour than i've met the whole time i've been here. Everyone was so nice and we ate free pizza and drinks. Then a lady came in with animals which we could all touch/stroke. It was so cool. 

Parrot

I think it was called a monkey tailed skink


There are also trips to sign up for like volunteering at a big cat zoo (lions etc) and a weekend trip to a zoo where we get to go into animal enclosures and stuff. I'm so glad i joined and definitely want to go on the trips. It cost $10 and we got a Zoo Club t-shirt (i'm getting mine next week because they ran out). I also joined knitting club haha. It was either that or i join one of the hundreds of church groups and become religious; knitting a scarf for winter seemed fun haha.

It's getting colder here now. I actually had to wear a cardie today! I have to say i'm missing the heat already!

I also had a blood test to see if i had TB as they don't want me to disease up their country. 
This was the sicko bruise i got from the blood test.




p.s. incase there was any doubt, i don't have TB.

xxx

3 comments:

geo said...

Only in america would u find all of these clubs LOL

Stephie said...

I love the fact you joined Knitting Club, quick, you need to knit yourself a tea cosy and begin talking about 'the good old days when I was a whippersnapper' :p

jamie said...

cat that is the sickest bruise i have ever seen!

Post a Comment