Friday 19 August 2011

Tour of my room

Just thought i would give a quick tour of my room/campus so you could get a feel of how huge this place is. This is a map of the site, circled in red is my acommodation. The blue line is the main street and that's where i catch the bus to Walmart. Circled in pink is where all the restaurants and shops are (that's where i got my t-shirt and drink from). Circled in purple are the buldings where my classes will be. The map looks like everything is close but it's quite spread out.


I am on the eighth floor and luckily they have elevators. Downstairs there is the kitchen which i haven't had the "safety tour" of so i can't have a key haha. There is also a big lounge area with tables and sofas, vending machines, pool tables, table football etc. There is also a 24 hour reception and the staff are really nice.

Getting out of the lift
I made a little map of the way my room is set out cos it's quite confusing. The person next door has a door into our hallway and shares our bathroom. 


And then here are pics of the actual bedroom and bathroom.

Walking into my room
It actually feels bigger than it looks
I chose the bed on the left by the window
Two huge wardrobes, mine is on the right
My desk

The door out of my room into the hallway. So on the right is the front door. On the left is the bathroom, then in front is next door who shares our bathroom.
The bathroom. The bath is ridiculously shallow though.
This is the view from my room.
So it's quite a nice room, i still have a few things to buy like a lamp. They also told me to buy a fridge for the room because there is a sign on the fridge in the kitchen saying that all food will be disposed of within 24 hours which is actually ridiculous. It's so weird how they think it's normal to have a fridge in your room lol. So now i have to buy a mini fridge for like $70 so they don't chuck out my butter lol.

Roomate arrives today, i'm so nervous haha.

xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment